What Is A Job Application Letter & How To Make


Violet Evergarden | Netflix Official Site
A job application letter. A job application letter or cover letter is a document sent by a prospect employee to a prospect employer. This job application letter is usually followed by the prospect employee's resume to provide information on his or her skills and experiences.
Due to different situation and circumstances, a job application letter will be written differently. The followings are some situation and circumstances that influence the word choices when writing a job application letter :

How To Start An Application Letters. To start an application letter you just have to remember the application letter format described below. After you make sure the format, then you begin thinking of body of the application letter. It usually consists of three paragraphs; the first one is about the job listing, the second is about you and your qualification and the last paragraph expresses your gratitude and expectation to follow up the application letters such as possible call, interview, email.  Make sure you put in your contact details / personal identity.

When you send an application letter or a cover letter, it is better that you also enclose your resume to provide additional information on your skills and experience.

Your application letter should provide detailed information on what position you are applying for, why you are qualified for the job you are applying for. A good application letter explains the reasons for your interest in the certain organization and state your most relevant skills or experiences.

Your application letter should also inform the employer what benefit they will get if they select you as their employee. In addition to that, please make sure that you state the time comfortable for the employer and you to have an interview, and how you will follow-up.

Some people state how much salary they expect when they write an application letter. You can also do this if your intention is to increase your salary. But, if you are between jobs or unemployed, it is advisable that you do not mention this matter. 

Job Application Letter Opening Sentences

The following sentences are the sentences you can use when you are not sure to start an application letter.
  1. I just met with Susan Doherty from your firm, and she strongly recommended that I send you my resume. She is sure that I am the ideal candidate for the position of System Manager.
  2. As a fresh University of Seychelles graduate, I am confident that my computer skills plus my well-honed interest in technology advances, and my recently completed education in computer science make me a strong candidate for a position as an entry-level software engineer at your highly regarded company. 
  3. I enjoyed our meeting at the Big Motorcycle Club and, as you suggested, am sending you this additional information to review before we get together. Victoria Ltd suggested I contact you regarding opportunities in your warehouse division. My background documents considerable success in the areas of loss prevention and asset recovery, which I understand are high on your list of requirements.
  4. Before deciding to apply, I did some research and discovered that we’re both Philippines University grads. I hope this will be a harbinger of good things to come and that we will be doing our best in the workplace. As a new graduate, I've been hoping to find the kind of position you’re staffing because I have exactly the background you’re asking for.
  5. I am very interested in the entry level position that is available at Jakarta Investment Partners. I recently graduated from University of Indonesia and my courses in investments, finance and business have given me a solid base upon which I plan to build my career.
  6. I am writing to express my interest in the International Marketing position open at Business.com. My colleague Amanda White recommended that I contact you directly about this position.
  7. I'm writing to express my interest in the Editorial Assistant position listed on Finance Newspapers. I am confident that my related experience and excellent capabilities will meet your requirements for this position.
  8. I am writing to apply for the Dining room Manager position advertised in the Times Herald. I graduated from Bandung International Hotel University five years ago and I am sure my experience in Hilton Hotel will enrich the company's standard of services.
  9. I have a very strong interest in pursuing a teaching career. With experience working at both the elementary and high school levels, as well as in activities outside of the traditional classroom, I have a diverse background with much to offer.
  10. I have the pleasure of being acquainted with one of your staff, Rachel Jones. She let me know about the open position, and recommended that I contact you. I graduated from .........

Application Letter Format

Application Letter Format. When we write an application letter, we usually use the following format :

Applicant's Personal Identity

Applicant personal identity usually consists of :
Name
Address
City, State Zip Code
Phone Number
Email Address

Date

After we write our personal identity, we usually put on the date. Examples: 
October 13th, 2013
November 1st, 2013

Salutation

After the date, we normally write salutation. Examples:
Dear Sir: (If we do not know the name of the person we are writing to)
Dear Mr. Smith
Dear Mrs. White

Body of the Letter

Right below the salutation, we begin writing the content of our application letter. It usually consists of three paragraph.

The First Paragraph

The first paragraph of our application letter usually states the reason we are applying for the job, what position we are applying for and how we know the vacant position.

The Second Paragraph

The second paragraph should convey the information about our qualification, experience, and educational background.

The Third Paragraph

The third paragraph usually convey our gratitude to the person we are writing to, how and when we can be contacted for an interview. We can also put our email address or phone number here.

Complimentary Close

We usually put complimentary close just before our signature. Examples:
Sincerely yours,
Cordially yours,

Signature

The last thing we have to put in our application letter is our signature. Learn more about parts of business letter here.
More Tips on Writing Application Letters
Tips on Writing Application Letters. As a conclusion, pay attention to the following tips on writing an application letter : 

  1.  Why you are writing - mention the job you are applying for and where you found the listing.
  2.  What you have to offer the employer - mention why your skills and experience are a good fit for the job.
  3. Express your gratitude to the personnel  manager for considering you and note how you will follow up.

Driver Application Letter

Joe Hulk
1 South Street
San Francisco, CA, 94102

March 17, 2013

Bob Williams
Comfort Transportation Company
12 North Street
San Francisco, CA, 94102

Dear Mr. Williams,

I am aware of the driver position advertised in today's local newspapers. Therefore, I would like to put forward my application for the position.

I have proper driving license and have been working as a bus driver for ten years in Miami.  I am reliable and trustworthy employee and am ready to work long hours. I am punctual and capable of driving safely and carefully under any circumstances. I am confident that I could do very well in your company as I usually did in my former employer.

I thank you very much for considering me for this post. Should you need to contact me, you can do so by calling or emailing me at the number or email address in my attached resume.

Sincerely yours,



Joe Hulk

 

Waiter Application Letter Sample

Raul Kabayan
12 Main Street
San Francisco, CA 94120

March 19, 2013

Americhi Restaurant
123 South Street
San Francisco, CA 94120


Dear Sir,

I saw your advertisement in today's local newspaper that you need more experienced waiters for your restaurant. Since I have educational and experience background in the food and hospitality industry, I am enthusiastically ready to work for your company.

For the last five years, I worked for Mexican Restaurant where I overcome working under pressure and got a lot of practical knowledge and practice on every aspect of food service, including taking order, waiting customer's dinner and lunch, handling the cash register and performing daily inventory reports.

In the same restaurant, I also succeeded in performing front office duties for a year. I gained a lot of experiences in hospitality practice and fulfilling all the customer's demand.

I thank you for thinking over me as your waiter. Should you need to contact me, you can do call me at this number 1234567 or email me at xyz@gmail.com.


Sincerely yours,



Raul Kabayan

Application Letter Sample for Financial Research Assistant


Bloomington, IN 47401
February 15, 2008

Ms. Laura Goldman
Personnel Manager
Action, Inc
80 Roseville Road
St. Louis, MO 63130

Dear Ms. Goldman,
I am seeking a responsible position as a financial research assistant in which I may use my training to solve financial problem. I would be interested in exploring the possibility of obtaining such a position within your firm.
I expect  to   receive   a   Bachelor   of   Business Administration   degree   in  finance  from  Indiana University in June. Since September 2005,  I have been participating, through the university,  in the Professional Training Program at Computer Systems International, in Indianapolis. In the program I was assigned, on rotating basis, to several staff sections in apprentice positions. Most recently, I have been a financial trainee in the Accounting Department and have gained a great deal of experience. Detail of the academic course I have taken are contained in the enclosed resume.
I look forward to meeting you soon in an interview.
Sincerely yours,

George Marlon


Letter Sample for Marketing Manager


123 Norris Road, Birmingham
August 12, 2010


Mr. John Martin
Recruitment Manager
Best Goods Inc.
Dear Sir,
I  would  like to  apply  for  the  job  of  'Marketing Manager' that I saw advertised in The Guardian, February 8, 2008. I am 24 years old and I have an S1 degree in economics.
I would be grateful if  you could  tell  me what the salary is before you invite me for an interview. I would be available for an interview on Thursdays or Fridays.
 Sincerely yours,
  
Vicky Green


Sample Letter of Application 

Date
George Gilhooley
XYZ Company
87 Delaware Road
Hatfield, CA 08065
Dear Mr. Gilhooley,
I am writing to apply for the programmer position advertised in the Times Union. As requested, I am enclosing a completed job application, my certification, my resume, and three references.

The opportunity presented in this listing is very interesting, and I believe that my strong technical experience and education will make me a very competitive candidate for this position. The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include:
·         I have successfully designed, developed, and supported live use applications
·         I strive for continued excellence
·         I provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers
With a BS degree in Computer Programming, I have a full understanding of the full lifecycle of a software development project. I also have experience in learning and excelling at new technologies as needed.
Please see my resume for additional information on my experience.
I can be reached anytime via email at john.donaldson@emailexample.com or my cell phone, 909-555-5555.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.
Sincerely,
Signature (for hard copy letter)
John Donaldson

Sample Letter of Application 2

Your Name

Your Address
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Your Email
Contact Name
Title
Company Name
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Contact Person:
I'm writing to express my interest in the Web Content Manager position listed on Monster.com. I have experience building large, consumer-focused health-based content sites. While much of my experience has been in the business world, I understand the social value of the non-profit sector and my business experience will be an asset to your organization.
My responsibilities included the development and management of the site's editorial voice and style, the editorial calendar, and the daily content programming and production of the web site. I worked closely with healthcare professionals and medical editors to help them provide the best possible information to a consumer audience of patients. In addition, I helped physicians learn to utilize their medical content to write user-friendly, readily comprehensible text.
Experience has taught me how to build strong relationships with all departments at an organization. I have the ability to work within a team as well as cross-team. I can work with web engineers to resolve technical issues and implement technical enhancements, work with the development department to implement design and functional enhancements, and monitor site statistics and conduct search engine optimization.
Thank you for your consideration.
Signature (hard copy letter)

FirstName LastName


Application letter for Reporter


35 King Albert Park
Singapore 2159
Telephone 7785427
February 15, 2008

The Personnel Officer
The Straits Times
390 Kim Seng Road
Singapore 0923

Dear Sir,
Re: Vacancy for Post of Reporter
Having  obtained  a  university  degree  and  some invaluable experience overseas as a reporter, I am inquiring  as to  whether  you  have  any   suitable vacancies in The Straits Times.

My interest in journalism developed  while  I  was studying English at a British University’s “Students News” but later I became one of the editors.

After I graduated, I spent three months as a reporter for  “The Evening News”,  one of the  provincial  daily newspaper. Working alongside experienced reporters, I learned, for example, how to focus a story on a point of human interest and how to interview people sensitively when they are under stress after a disaster has occurred.

Now that I have  returned to Singapore, I  naturally wish to pursue a journalistic career with The Straits Time.

I am    enclosing  my resume for your information and would value the opportunity of discussing with you at your convenience the possibility of employment. 

Yours faithfully,

John Magellan

Application Letter Sample for Nurses

Godfredo Hernandez
12 Main Street
Makati,  94121

October 19, 2013

Manila Public Hospitals
123 South Street
Manila,  94120

Dear Sir:

I am writing to express interest in the Registered Nurse position recommended by one of your doctor at your hospital, Dr. Rubyleen.  She and I were colleagues when we were working in Makati Public Hospital.  I graduated from Makati Health College with an Associate of Science in Nursing in October 2010.  From my resume, you will see that my experience matches the qualifications listed for this position. I heard about this job through Dr. Rubyleen who gave me a recommendation letter attached with this application letter.

My nursing educational background at Makati Health College and my experience as a registered nurse at Makati Public Hospital have given me skills in patient assessment and a solid foundation in providing holistic nursing care that focuses on all aspects of a human's health. I am really keen on nursing. My communication skills, along with my compassion, patience, passion and patient advocacy, are what I offer as a registered nurse.

I would be honored and excited to be a part of your team and contribute my skills to your staff and patients. I look forward to an interview with you to discuss my education and experience at your earliest convenience.


Sincerely yours,




Godfredo Hernandez 



0 Comments